As place economies evolve, place policy must adapt to keep pace.
Equally, innovative policy ideas can influence growth
GENECON has undertaken a range of influential policy studies,
helping to set new economic futures for places and devising the key
policy tools to govern delivery.
- prepared a new planning framework for the Freeman Street area
- led several successful business cases for new UK Enterprise
Zones, in Derby, Carlisle, Blackpool and Wyre;
- led national research on high street performance linked to the Mary
- led the Yorkshire Key Cities study, examining the scope for
collaboration on major economic and regeneration issues;
- devised Sunderland's Economic Masterplan, setting the
direction for the city's future growth;
- developed the policy framework for investment in the North
& South Tees industrial area;
- pioneered a spatial approach to future economic growth in South
- prepared employment and housing land policy in Lancashire and
- made the case for changes in planning policy in behalf of major
landowners and developers, including representations through
statutory planning processes.